Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Food Network Monthly Cookalong July Wrap Up

Another busy month has come to an end! My new grill has definitely gotten some use this month. I don't think I've ever grilled as much in my life. I recently won a copy of John Schlimm's Grilling Vegan Style so I have been trying out a few recipes from that as well. I am hoping to put together a proper review of it soon but I will say I am enjoying everything I have made so far!

Now onto the cookalong posts I was sent this month!

I am going to start off with Lea from Vibrantlea Vegan since she is our newest participant! Thanks for joining in! Lea decided to veganize Marcela Vallodolid's recipe for Creamy Corn Cups or Esquites which look so tasty! Lea even upped the flavour by grilling the corn which makes it work perfect for this month's theme! http://vibrantleavegan.blogspot.ca/2012/07/food-network-monthly-cookalong-esquites.html




Next up is Liz from Cooking the Vegan Books who quickly admits she didn't grill it but that it could be easily cooked on the grill if she had one. Liz made two different pizzas using recipes from the upcoming Grills Gone Vegan by Tamasin Noyes that she tested awhile back but wanted to eat again. I tested just a few from Tami's grilling book and it was all extremely tasty like everything Tami makes! http://cookingtheveganbooks.com/2012/07/13/food-network-monthly-cookalong-pizza/


Melissa from Loves to Eat Vegan! joined in again this month with her take on Bobby Flay's Spice Rubbed Chicken Tacos using seitan as a quick stand in but suggested you could also easily use tofu or gardein. The only other ingredient she had to veganize was the mayo so she grabbed some Vegenaise and went to the grill with this one. It is a little more involved of a recipe with grilled poblanos, BBQ onions, coleslaw and a spiced rubbed chickn but Melissa added that the seitan and onions were the best part so you could change up the toppings and make them an easy weeknight meal as well! http://lovestoeatvegan.blogspot.ca/2012/07/food-network-monthly-cookalong-grilled.html


Last but definitely not least is Tami from Vegan Appetite who grilled up some harissa marinated tofu despite the soaring temperatures deterring her from outdoor cooking! I totally get it because it is crazy hot here in Ottawa as well this summer! Since getting to know Tami, I have started to associate certain foods with her and harissa is definitely one of them! It definitely looks delicious and even has those perfect grill marks we would expect from the Grill Master! http://www.veganappetite.com/2012/07/harissa-grilled-tofu-for-food-network.html



My Cookalong Posts for quick navigation

Garden Burgers - http://threeandahalfvegans.blogspot.ca/2012/07/food-network-cookalong-garden-burgers.html

Sausage and Pepper Skewers with Grilled Polenta - http://threeandahalfvegans.blogspot.ca/2012/07/food-network-monthly-cookalong-sausage.html

Super Topped Frankfurters - http://threeandahalfvegans.blogspot.ca/2012/07/food-network-monthly-cookalong-super.html

Memphis-Style Hickory Smoked Tempeh Ribs - http://threeandahalfvegans.blogspot.ca/2012/07/food-network-monthly-cookalong-memphis.html

Please note: I am posting photos with each link so you can see the beautiful creations these talented people have put together. The photos are the property of each blogger and shouldn't be copied and used unless you have their consent. I'm sure they won't mind you sharing with friends just be nice and give credit were credit is due.

3 comments:

  1. I feel like I blew it! I was so excited to join in the cook along this month, but dropped the ball. What's the theme for August? I want to get in on the action!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandra - If you get a chance to do one soon that works with grilling just let me know and I will totally add it here. Tomorrow I will post the theme for next month and you can definitely get in on it then! We would be happy to have you cookalong with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of these days I’m going to have to grill pizza, it always sound like it would give it an extra notch of awesome.
    Great entries this month, here’s hoping I can concoct something for the month of sandwiches!

    ReplyDelete